22 Describe proposed measures for protection of geographic names at the second and other levels in the applied-for gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.pramerica||Prudential Financial, Inc.||partridgeiplaw.com||View|
Applicant shall reserve names formed with the following labels from initial registration within the TLD:
1. Example. The label “EXAMPLE” shall be reserved at the second level and at all other levels within the TLD at which Registry Operator makes registrations.
2. Two-character labels. All two-character labels shall be initially reserved, pending an agreement with the government and country-code manager. Applicant may also release of these reservations based on its implementation of measures to avoid confusion with the corresponding country codes.
3. Tagged Domain Names. Labels will only include hyphens in the third and fourth position if they represent valid internationalized domain names in their ASCII encoding (for example
4. Second-Level Reservations for Registry Operations. Applicant will reservedfor use in connection with the operation of the registry for the TLD. Registry Operator may use them, but upon conclusion of Registry Operatorʹs designation as operator of the registry for the TLD they shall be transferred as specified by ICANN: NIC, WWW, IRIS and WHOIS.
5. Country and Territory Names. The country and territory names contained in the following internationally recognized lists will be initially reserved at the second level and at all other levels within the TLD at which the Applicant provides for registrations:
5.1. the short form (in English) of all country and territory names contained on the ISO 3166- 1 list, as updated from time to time, including the European Union, which is exceptionally reserved on the ISO 3166-1 list, and its scope extended in August 1999 to any application needing to represent the name European Union 〈http:⁄⁄www.iso.org⁄iso⁄support⁄country_codes⁄iso_3166_code_lists⁄iso-3166- 1_decoding_table.htm#EU〉;
5.2. the United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names, Technical Reference Manual for the Standardization of Geographical Names, Part III Names of Countries of the World; and
5.3. the list of United Nations member states in 6 official United Nations languages prepared by the Working Group on Country Names of the United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names; provided, that the reservation of specific country and territory names may be released to the extent that Applicant reaches agreement with the applicable government(s), provided, further, that Applicant may also propose release of these reservations, subject to review by ICANN’s Governmental Advisory Committee and approval by ICANN.
Similar gTLD applications: (3)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.prudential||Prudential Financial, Inc.||partridgeiplaw.com||-2.95||Compare|
|.pru||Prudential Financial, Inc.||partridgeiplaw.com||-2.95||Compare|