18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
i. AXA is the Applicant’s most recognized brand, having international exposure. The Applicant is one of the world’s largest insurance groups (Rated A by Standard & Poorʹs). The Group has one of the largest international networks with operations in 61 countries and counts with more than 200,000 employees. The Applicant has key positions in its three core businesses: Property & casualty insurance, Life & savings and Asset management. Present in geographically diverse markets, the Applicant’s Group operations are concentrated in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, with also a presence in Middle East and South and Central America. The proposed gTLD aims at consolidating the reputation of the Applicant’s brand;
ii. The expected benefits are :
- Visibility: .axa will bring a high degree of recognition and specialization to the currently existing name space. Where in most cases the specific connotation that has been initially given to the gTLDs (or even ccTLDs) has disappeared, the .axa top-level domain will be unambiguous as regards the identity of the Registry Operator, the source of the content and services offered under the .axa and⁄or the affiliation between the Registry Operator and the TLD
- Consistency: .axa should enable to consolidate the whole presence of the firm and its partners on internet. Indeed, AXA is a worldwide company that intervenes on several business lines with a large range of products and numerous partners. A common gTLD would be the easiest and most effective way to unify the presence of the group on the web
- Brand protection: AXA is the #1 insurance brands in the world. Therefore it needs to take all the precautions to ensure the protection of the brand especially at a digital level
- Safety ⁄ security: .axa will enhance the level of security given the fact that the TLD and most if not all of the domain names registered therein will be completely or at least partially under the control of the Registry Operator. Security is both a priority for the customers and partners as it is the best way to ensure a safe environment on the web and also for the group as it enables AXA to manage effectively and with flexibility the creation, modification and cancellation of new domain names as well as monitor the content of the websites;
iii. As mentioned in the vision ⁄ mission statement before, some of the key reasons why the Applicant is applying for .axa are:
1. Provide stakeholders of the Applicant with a recognizable and trusted identifier on the Internet;
2. Provide such stakeholders with a secure and safe Internet environment that is mainly or even fully under the control of the Applicant and its subcontractors;
3. Provide selected AXA stakeholders with the opportunity to create and or manage a secure and safe Internet environment that is mainly or even fully under control of the Applicant and⁄or such stakeholders;
iv. The Applicant intends to implement the following policies and procedures with respect to the registration of domain names in the .axa top-level domain to include but not limited to:
1. Reservation of domain names in the name of the Applicant. These names include:
a) Entities (almost 250 entities) that could be segmented by type (assistance, insurance, pension fund, art, retail bank, wine, internal provider, asset management, group management services…), implementation or other distinguishing factors;
b) Business Lines; Life and Saving, property and casualty, banking, others (art, wine…etc) or business themes (home, motors, protection, travel, bank, saving, investment, retirement, insurance, real estate, investment managers…);
c) Marketing related names: commercial campaigns, generic clients segments, companies segmentation (sme, large companies…), corporate themes (longevity, sustainable development, responsible firm…), stakeholders (shareholders, press, distributors…), clients, sponsoring activities, web TV, blogs, social networks…;
d) Internal environment: employees, departments, internal projects, tools and platforms, intranet system, recruitment…;
e) Partners: distributors, subcontractors, business partners, unions of agents ⁄ brokers…;
2. Launch of the TLD:
a) Sunrise: allow physical persons, organizations and entities that meet the eligibility requirements in force at that point in time to choose the domain names that are identical to their trademarks;
b) General availability: other available domain names may be registered by physical persons, organizations and entities that meet the eligibility requirements in force at that point in time to choose the domain names in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions.
c) Depending on the terms and conditions in force at the time of launch of the TLD, these domain names may or may not be registered in the name of the applicant for the domain name or in the name of the Applicant for the TLD (AXA). In any case, the Applicant reserves the right to impose additional and other restrictions from time to time at its sole discretion;
v. Given the fact that the Applicant is a company that is established in France, it is subject to both national and European privacy and data protection rules and practices, to which the Applicant is committed to comply with.
vi. The Applicant’s Group was created through the merger of several insurance companies, the oldest of which was founded in Rouen in 1817, 10 months after the establishment of Franceʹs oldest insurance company. The AXA name was created in July 1985. Ever since that date, the Applicant has been trading under the AXA brand and later under the AXA domain name (axa.com). Since its establishment, the Applicant has become a major player at international level, with a worldwide reputation. In 2011, Interbrand considered the Applicant’s brand to be the world’s top global insurance brand for the second year in a row. Therefore, the Applicant has different ways in order to make existing and future clients, visitors and stakeholders aware of the (gradual) move from the AXA Group’s domain name portfolio to the .axa TLD, including but not limited to:
1. integration into future internet⁄television⁄press advertising campaigns;
2. having Internet traffic to its key domain names resolving into domain names registered in the .axa TLD;
3. Integration into email marketing campaigns; etc.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|