18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.cipriani||Hotel Cipriani Srl||cscinfo.com||View|
Applicant is a wholly owned subsidiary of Orient Express Hotels, Ltd, a leading luxury hotel company and sophisticated adventure travel operator with exposure to both mature and emerging national economies. The Companyʹs predecessor began acquiring hotels in 1976 and organized the Company in 1995. The applicant and its affiliated entities currently owns or part-owns 49 properties (all of which it manages), consisting of 40 highly individual deluxe hotels, one stand-alone restaurant, six tourist trains and two river⁄canal cruise businesses. These are located in 24 countries worldwide. The applicant and its affiliated entities acquires or manages only very distinctive properties in areas of outstanding cultural, historic or recreational interest in order to provide luxury lifestyle experiences for the discerning traveler.
Hotels and restaurants represent the largest segment of the applicant and its affiliated entities’ business, contributing 86% of revenue in 2011, 78% of revenue in 2010 and 86% in 2009. Tourist trains and cruises accounted for 13% of revenue in 2011, 11% of revenue in 2010 and 13% in 2009. Property development activities accounted for the remaining revenue in each year. Approximately 82% of the applicant and its affiliated entities’s customers are leisure travelers, with approximately 33% of customers in 2011 originating from North America, 49% from Europe and the remaining 18% from elsewhere in the world.
The proposed .cipriani gTLD is a restricted, exclusively controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding the applicant and its affiliated entities’s ability to:
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for clients and business partners;
• deliver product and service marketing⁄advertising;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom the applicant and its affiliated entities has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about the applicant and its affiliated entities products and services;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting customer privacy and confidential information online;
• validate ⁄ authenticate authorized agents of the applicant and its affiliated entities products;
• meet future client expectations and competitive market demands.
Similar gTLD applications: (1)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.orientexpress||Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.||cscinfo.com||-1.43||Compare|