22 Describe proposed measures for protection of geographic names at the second and other levels in the applied-for gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.gdn||Joint Stock Company ʺNavigation-information systemsʺ||nis-glonass.ru||View|
The registry is committed to establishing a stable, reliable and secure registration environment and protecting country and territory names against illegal activities. As such, the registry will reserve the following for the protection of geographic names at the second and any other levels under .GDN TLD:
Country and Territory Names
The registry will reserve the country and territory names at the second and any other levels under the .GDN TLD based on the following internationally recognized lists which are included, but are not limited to:
(1) The short form (in English) of all country and territory names contained on the ISO 3166-1 list, as updated from time to time, including the European Union, which is exceptionally reserved on the ISO 3166-1 list, and its scope extended in August 1999 to any application needing to represent the name European Union;
(2) The United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names, Technical Reference Manual for the Standardization of Geographical Names, Part III Names of Countries of the World; and
(3) The list of United Nations member states in 6 official United Nations languages prepared by the Working Group on Country Names of the United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names;
The implementation plan for the reservation of the above domain names is as follows:
(1) The list of reserved names will be published on the registry website.
(2) The registry will contact ICANN Governmental Advisory Committee about the reservation of the above country and territory names under the .GDN TLD. GAC should inform (a) governments, distinct economies and public authorities; (b) members of the ICANN governmental advisory committee about the reservation resolution of above country and territory names under .GDN TLD. All governments, distinct economies or public authorities are expected to take the necessary steps to register their country and territory names as soon as possible.
(3) The process for releasing and registering the above country and territory names shall be established in cooperation with ICANN and GAC. The current process is:
ⅰ. The government, distinct economies or public authorities concerned informs the GAC Secretariat of their request to register the name and the designated beneficiary.
ⅱ. The GAC Secretariat authenticates the request and sends it to the ICANN staff and the registry.
ⅲ.The registry verifies the availability of the name and issues an authorization number that is transmitted directly to the designated beneficiary.
ⅳ. The designated beneficiary registers the name, with an accredited registrar, using the authorisation number as the verification of their identity.
Similar gTLD applications: (1)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.life||Xiamen 35.com Technology Co.,Ltd||35.cn||-2.95||Compare|