18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
Mission and purpose
The mission of .SHIKSHA is to provide a common place for educational institutions, organizations of higher learning, schools, libraries and other centers for education and learning to achieve their internet presence, on a worldwide basis, with a special emphasis on the Indian subcontinent region.
Shiksha is a versatile word which means education, learning, school, study, training, or teaching. For example, teaching or training a group or a class always uses the word Shiksha. Originally from the classical language Sanskrit, Shiksha has become a commonly used word in the Hindi language, spoken by over 490 million people, primarily in the Indian subcontinent.
While the .EDU TLD today provides a trusted place for the educational community in the USA, .SHIKSHA’s purpose is to establish an easily identifiable place where educational institutions as well as other centers for learning and training can establish their identity on the Internet.
.SHIKSHA will serve:
• Schools, by providing a space that is synonymous with education and is imbued with the values that matter for such organizations
• Institutions of higher learning, whose identities are often split amongst many TLDs and who do not have a cohesive location on the Internet that immediately identifies with their core mission
• Training Institutes, which have thus far never had a unique TLD that allows them to participate in the education market on the same footing as other educational and training ventures
• Businesses, who are engaged in the education sector, or who provide services to the education and training sector
• Professionals, who provide training, learning, teaching or other services on a vast array of topics
• Libraries, who provide a stable area for learning, education and erudition
• Many other individuals, organizations and institutions who share the values of Shiksha across the world.
We believe there is a large and readily identifiable pool of schools, institutions of higher learning, businesses and professionals who will quickly realize the intrinsic value of the .SHIKSHA TLD and will wish to put up their own sites and addresses in the TLD. These Shiksha-oriented entities will immediately—by actions designed to further their own interests—begin building the “.SHIKSHA” brand on a regional basis.
Therefore, we forecast having approximately 25,000 Domains Under Management (DUMs) by the third year of operation. Our financial responses in questions #45 through #50 go into detail on our funding, cost and revenue projections.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|