22 Describe proposed measures for protection of geographic names at the second and other levels in the applied-for gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.VIP||VIP Registry Pte. Ltd.||registryasp.com||View|
VIP Registry shall adhere to the list provided by ICANN in Specification 5 of the Registry Agreement in regards to the schedule of reserved names at the second level in gTLD registries.
VIP Registry shall reserve all names of countries and distinct economies contained in the ISO 3166-1 list at the second level and any other levels within the TLD that is opened for registration under .VIP TLD. The names shall be reserved in English and all related official languages as may be directed by ICANN or GAC. The names of territories, distinct geographical locations, and other geographical and geopolitical names shall also be reserved upon ICANN directives from time to time. The names shall be reserved for registration in ICANN’s name upon the launch of the .VIP TLD. There shall also be a procedure to release the relevant domain names to the governments, public authorities and inter-governmental organizations and is as follows:
1. VIP registry will contact GAC about the reservation of the above country and territory names under the .VIP TLD. GAC should inform (a) governments, distinct economies and public authorities; (b) members of the ICANN governmental advisory committee about the reservation of country and territory names under the .VIP TLD. All governments, distinct economies or public authorities are expected to take the necessary steps to register their country and territory names as soon as possible.
2. If necessary, the government, distinct economies or public authorities concerned shall inform the GAC Secretariat of their request to register the name and the designated beneficiary.
3. The GAC Secretariat authenticates the request and sends it to the ICANN and .VIP Registry.
4. VIP Registry verifies the availability of the name and issues an authorization number that is transmitted directly to the designated beneficiary.
5. The designated beneficiary shall register the name with an accredited registrar, using the authorisation number as the verification of their identity.
VIP Registry shall ensure procedures to allow governments, public authorities or inter-governmental organizations to challenge abuses of names with national or geographical significance at the second level and any other levels within the TLD that is opened for registration under .VIP TLD.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|