18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.auto||Dot Auto LLC||cedarhillmusic.com||View|
The first steam-powered vehicle was built in 1672. At only 65 cm-long it was unable to hold a passenger or a driver. Now, more then three hundred years later, thousands of vehicles are available worldwide and the auto industry is seen as one of the most important economic sectors in the world. According to the US Bureau of Transit Statistics, over 254 million Americans own registered vehicles, and the United States is one of the top four producers for both vehicles and automotive parts.
The International Association of Vehicle Manufacturers reported that, in 2011, global production of cars and commercial vehicles was up by 26%, with over 77 million vehicles produced in 40 different countries. The automotive industry, which includes industries associated with the production, wholesaling, retailing and maintenance of motor vehicles, employs an average of 250,000 people per country and additionally impacts over 100 million workers who depend on automotive plants and labs for their own jobs. The Automotive industry provides a variety of employment options such as: parts suppliers, car dealerships, mechanics, road crews, and public service departments.
When we consider the rate at which domain registration has increased in the last ten years, resulting in overcrowding and a general lack of naming availability, we begin to see the need for industry classifications online such as “.AUTO”. “.AUTO” will not only open the door for increased online naming abilities, it will also allow consumers to easily locate specific products and services through increased search engine classifications. Further, by developing specific industry classifications such as “.AUTO” , advertisers will have increased confidence that they are reaching their target markets, thus increasing advertising revenue across the board for online retailers.
With these thoughts in mind, we at DOT Auto believe that it is essential for the automotive industry to become a leader in this transition. On average, there are over 500 million searches a month for the words “CAR” and “AUTO” online, which result in a monthly volume of page views totaling well over 10 billion clicks. The opportunity to enhance the consumer experience while driving competition in our market is paramount and we are excited to be apart of this evolution.
In 2004, our parent company Automotix was formed to offer innovative solutions and technologies to the automotive industry, including: mobile application, patent pending peer-to-peer technology, and the ability to connect buyers and sellers around the world. Today, Automotix has more then 4 million online users a month, which contributes to our ever-growing market of online retailers, resource providers, and parts distributers.
Automotix is proudly responsible for the creation of an information exchange network that has provided for the sale of over 40 million recycled auto parts, 900,000 pre-owned⁄ new cars and trucks, and over 1 million salvaged vehicles. Automotix also provides hard to find part locating services, extensive auto repair service tips, safety recall information, nationwide auto classifieds, automotive news, and repair requests.
“.AUTO” was born from Automotix’s devotion to the success of the online automotive industry and a great desire to assist in creating a steady, solid and comprehensive way to reduce the struggle of automotive sellers, consumers, and retail agents in finding up-to-date, relevant information online. The Automotix team combines extensive experience in the automotive arena and has been working to build strong relationships with car dealers, classic car traders, car brokers, rebuilders, auto pools, auction houses, insurance and fleet companies, trucking companies, auto parts suppliers, aftermarket car part distributers, salvage yards, car repair shops, mechanics, do-it yourselfers and catalog providers in order to further enhance the success and reach of the “.AUTO” gLTD.
The demand for automotive services and products is constantly increasing online. “.AUTO” would provide a commerce environment for the auto industry allowing businesses to provide access to products and services instantaneously through accurate search engine classifications. Businesses bearing the “.AUTO” string would become leaders in their market and be instantly differentiated online as automotive producers, providers, or service professionals.
In order to achieve our goals and build name recognition, DOT Auto will be implementing a robust marketing initiative, focused on enhancing the value of the “.AUTO” gTLD, while positioning “.AUTO” to become an industry “must –have” in assisting businesses to gain market share and exposure.
Within six years of the “.AUTO” launch, it is our goal to register 70%+ of all auto industry-related companies with a minimum of one “.AUTO” gTLD. This achievement would solidify our mission statement and serve to differentiate the Internet in a much needed and effective way.
To do so, the following marketing strategies will be put in place:
1) Build strong relationships with Registrar services in order to capture new domain registrations.
2) Create a prominent and consistent image, representative of our mission and expressed clearly through branding, advertisements, and corporate relationships.
3) Secure “key” Registrants through our Founders program (described further in question 29 of this application) that will act as innovative leaders to assist us in appropriately exposing our target audience to the existence of “.AUTO”.
4) Cultivate relationships with both domestic and global automotive organizations. Partnerships with these organizations and others like them would increase DOT Auto’s knowledge base in regards to efficiently meeting the needs of auto industry consumers and business owners.
5) Partner with global marketing firms to ensure a wide reaching and effective marketing campaign. This process would allow DOT Auto, LLC to efficiently structure our marketing process to reach the desired Registrants. It is additionally important that Internet users become aware of the ʺ.AUTOʺ gTLD and the industry classification it represents. DOT Auto, LLC plans to utilize an outsourced marketing firm to intiate a consumer marketing initiative to educate consumers on the implementation of ʺ.AUTOʺ and itʹs impact on search classifications ⁄ consumer benefits.
6) Increase exposure for “.AUTO” by creating a strong international presence through attendance at conferences appropriate to our visibility in the market.
7) Create a consistent presence in all auto-related trade publications and sponsorship of well- attended auto-related events.
8) Utilize the Automotix team’s combined extensive experience in the automotive arena, allowing us to link consumers to the most efficient and applicable service provider via the “.AUTO” gTLD
9) Enhance our current relationships with the following:
A: Auto Clubs
B: Auto Detailing Shops
C: Auto Financing Providers
D: Auto Parts Retailers and suppliers
E: Auto Pools and auction houses
F: Auto Racing companies and race teams
G: Auto Repair and service shops
H: Auto Restoration and street rod builders
I: Automotive apparel and uniforms companies
J: Automotive Associations
K: Automotive data providers
L: Automotive media and marketing companies
M: Automotive news sources
N: Car Dealers
O: Car makers
P: Catalog Providers
Q: Classic⁄Antique Collectors
R: Do-It- yourselfers and auto enthusiasts
S: Insurance and fleet companies
T: Internet and technology providers
U: Mechanics and auto technicians
V: OEM⁄Aftermarket parts manufacturers
W: Rebuilders and Restylers
X: Roadside assistance companies
Y: Salvage yards and auto dismantlers
Z: Trucking Companies
We intend to implement a highly focused⁄ targeted marketing blitz to the industry sub-divisions listed above, their advertising agencies, and public relations personnel in order to assist them in implementing and utilizing the “.AUTO” gTLD.
It is our goal to provide an efficient and secure registration process by minimizing the input required by the Registrant and creating a streamlined application process. In order to do so and uphold the integrity of our mission to provide instant access to members of the automotive industry, DOT Auto, LLC will implement the following registration guidelines and naming conventions:
1) .AUTO registrations will be restricted to individuals, businesses, and organizations that are active members of the automotive industry. “Active” can be defined in this context as any individual, business or organization wishing to provide automotive industry information, services, or products online.
2) Registrants will be asked to submit, at minimum their contact information and agree to a statement indicating that it is their intention to utilize their “.AUTO” domain for the promotion, distribution, or exchange of information, products or services directly connected to the Automotive Industry.
3) Content on all awarded “.AUTO” sites are expected to primarily represent the Registrant’s connection to the automotive industry. Sites will be randomly selected for review to ensure compliance with this guideline. Should Registrant’s be found in violation of this guideline, they will be notified in writing of the violation and given a 30 - day probationary period in order to correct the content deficiencies of their site. If Registrants are unable to comply with this guideline within the 30 - day probationary period, DOT Auto, LLC will revoke the Registrant’s domain name and it will be returned to general availability. Should a Registrant’s domain name be revoked due to their content deficiencies, all funds paid by the Registrant to date will be considered non-refundable. Dot Auto or it’s designated agent will perform all tasks related to content monitoring in order to not further burden their registrar partners.
4) Should DOT Auto, LLC discover at any point that a Registrant has falsely represented themselves as an individual, business, or organization related to the automotive industry, their awarded domain will be immediately revoked and returned to general availability. Should a Registrant’s domain be revoked due their false representation of their industry relationship, all funds paid by the Registrant to date will be considered non-refundable.
5) Registrant’s should understand that name availability is not guaranteed and that names will be issued on a first – come, first - served basis. Should a Registrant’s requested name be unavailable, the Registrant will be offered the option of re-wording, changing, or adapting their initial naming request until a suitable solution is found.
6) Registrants will not be allowed to register names that infringe on the legal rights of other individuals or companies, allude to criminal activities, or contain in any part racially offensive language.
7) DOT Auto, LLC reserves the right to deny, cancel, or transfer any registration or transaction (as more fully described in our Abuse Policies in question 28 below), or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold, or similar status, that it deems necessary ; (1) to protect the integrity and stability of the registry; (2) to comply with applicable laws, government rules or requirements, or court orders; (3) to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of DOT Auto, LLC, as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and employees; (4) to correct mistakes made by the DOT Auto, LLC, registry services provider, or any Registrar in connection with a domain name registration; (5) during resolution of any dispute regarding the domain; and (6) if a Registrant’s pre-authorization or payment fails; or (7) to prevent the bad faith use of a domain name that is identical to a registered trademark and being utilized to confuse users.
8) DOT Auto’s registry services operator will provide thick WHOIS services that are fully compliant with RFC 3912 and with Specifications 4 and 10 of the Registry Agreement. Additionally, DOT Auto will provide a Web-based WHOIS application, which will be located at www.whois.auto. The WHOIS Web application will be an intuitive and easy to use application. A complete description of these services can be found in Question 26 below.
9) All Registrants awarded a “.AUTO” domain will agree to a one year minimum contract, which will need to be renewed on an annual basis. Renewal is the sole responsibility of the Registrant. Registrant’s failing to renew their awarded domains by their expiration dates will be given a 60-day renewal grace period prior to their domain being revoked and returned to general availability.
10) DOT Auto, LLC is not liable or responsible in any way for any errors, omissions or any other actions by any third party (including any Registrar service) arising out of, or related to a given Registrant’s application for, registration of, renewal of, or failure to register or renew a particular domain name.
11) Through the registration process, all Registrants will be expected to designate an administrative contact for their application, which would possess all the rights granted by DOT Auto, LLC or its designated agents to act in respect to the given domain including, but not limited to, managing the domain name or any services associated thereto.
12) DOT Auto will implement a reserved names policy consisting of both names DOT Auto wishes to reserve for our own purposes as the registry operator and names protected by ICANN. DOT Auto will respect all ICANN reserved names including, but not limited to, two letter country codes and existing TLD’s. Additionally, DOT Auto will seek ICANN approval on any additional names we plan to reserve in order to appropriately secure them prior to the opening of general availability.
DOT Auto, LLC will additionally implement a series of Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPM) included, but not limited to: Support for and interaction with the Trademark Clearinghouse (“Clearinghouse”), use of the Trademark Claims Service, segmented Sunrise Periods allowing for the owners of trademarks listed in the Clearinghouse to register domain names that consist of an identical match of their listed trademarks, subsequent Sunrise Periods to give trademark owners or Registrants that own the rights to a particular name the ability to block the use of such name, stringent take-down services and Uniform Dispute Resolution Policies.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|