20(e) Provide a description of the applicant's intended registration policies in support of the community-based purpose of the applied-for gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
* Eligibility *
According to the .VERSICHERUNG registration policies eligible registrants to register a second-level name in .VERSICHERUNG TLD are based in the countries of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein and Switzerland and are in detail:
- Governmental organizations regulating the insurance industry
- Organizations and individuals (sole proprietors) that are recognized and registered members of the insurance industry community:
- - Primary insurers, reinsurers and social insurers with an authorization within the legal frameworks for the insurance industry in the respective countries.
- - Insurance agents and insurance intermediaries with an authorization within the legal framework for the insurance industry in the respective countries
- - At an official public register registered associations, educational institutions and service providers of the insurance industry
The eligibility will be determined by a validation of the owner of each registered domain name. It will be checked in the public registers of insurance intermediaries if the registrant is a member of the insurance community.
* Name selection *
The registration policies state that any types of second-level names may be registered in the .VERSICHERUNG name space. In detail the second-level domain names are defined as:
- Not being restricted on the second-level (no restrictions like .co.uk).
- A second-level domain consists of numbers (0-9), hyphens, Latin characters (a-z) or the extended European Latin character set.
- A second-level domain must not have a hyphen at the 3rd and 4th position at the same time.
- Large and small characters are not different.
- The length of a second-level domain varies between minimal 1 and maximal 63 characters.
- Initially reserved and excluded from registration are all second-level names defined in Spec 5 of the Draft New gTLD Registry Agreement of the Applicant Guidebook (Version 11.1.2012).
* Content⁄Use *
The .VERSICHERUNG TLD has both, content and use restrictions:
- Content: .VERSICHERUNG domain names must only be used for purposes solely dedicated to insurance topics.
- Use: The registrant must have started the use of a .VERSICHERUNG domain name within six months after the registration in respect to the content and use restrictions of a .VERSICHERUNG domain.
* Enforcement *
The dotversicherung-registry GmbH will have a team of legal personnel in place solely dedicated on the validation of the owners of registered .VERSICHERUNG domain names and the enforcement in the case an owner validation fails.
The validation of a registrant takes place in the following cases:
- New registration of a .VERSICHERUNG domain name
- Changes of the owner data (eg. Ownerchange) of a domain name
- At least once a year even if nothing has changed in the owner data
The re-validation ensures that .VERSICHERUNG domain names are only owned by eligible community members. The re-validation is performed annually for each registrant.
Our validation procedure has been developed in connection with ICANN accredited registrars and the dotversicherung-registry GmbH advisory board. The first validation will take place directly after the initial registration of a .VERSICHERUNG domain name and the domain name will only become active if the validation was successful (first level of enforcement). Further levels of enforcement include appeals under the .VERSICHERUNG Eligibility Requirement Dispute Resolution Policy (ERDRP) as well as court appeals under URDP or national courts.
Our anti-abuse policies are described in detail in our response to the technical questions.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|