18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.在线||TLD REGISTRY LIMITED||sedari.com||View|
Model: The proposed TLD is an unrestricted, open Top Level Domain (TLD). The top level domain is .在线 (herein referred to as .ONLINE). The TLD represents the word ʺ.ONLINEʺ in Chinese characters. .ONLINE will be globally commercialized to provide a competitive alternative to existing generic TLDs and to other new TLDs. The TLD will be run as a commercial venture for profit with a network of registrars and a low-cost platform for ongoing management.
The applicant intends to position the .ONLINE TLD as a broadly distributed, broadly applicable alternative to .COM, .NET and .BIZ and other widely used TLDs. Utilising the power of the TLDʹs semantic meaning and 2 character format the applicantʹs mission is to:
* create a viable and competitive alternative to existing TLDs
* develop the IDN space at the top level of the Internet, in turn facilitating utility of the Internet for non-latin script users
* expand opportunities matching needs of the Chinese speaking community worldwide
* support the geographic and linguistic expansion of the Internet
* facilitate differentiation on the Internet through self-selection by registrants who wish to allocate their Internet presence to a particular TLD
* enhance accessibility and equal opportunities for new Internet user communities and migrating registrants
* improve registry and registrar protocols for the benefit of consumers
* apply exemplary standards of community commitment and leading corporate social responsibility to the operation of a TLD registry
Mission in Context:
ICANN has set out a number of goals regarding the introduction of new generic top-level domains (TLDs). Among the most important of these are the following:
1. The need to maintain the Internetʹs stability, and especially the protection of domain name holders from the effects of registry or registration-system failure.
2. The extent to which approval of the application would lead to an effective proof of concept concerning the expansion of the number of top level domains including:
* the diversity the proposed TLD would bring to the top level of the Internet to include fully open top level domains, restricted and chartered domains with limited scope, commercial domains, and personal domains
* support of a variety of business models and geographic locations.
3. The enhancement of competition for registration services at the registry and registrar level.
4. The enhancement of the utility of the DNS.
5. The extent to which the proposal would meet previously unmet needs.
6. The importance of appropriate protections of the rights of others, including intellectual property rights in connection with the operation of the TLD, especially during the start-up phases.
The purpose of this TLD is to:
* advance the goals of ICANN as set out above
* fulfill the TLDʹs mission as stated above.
Similar gTLD applications: (4)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.中文网||TLD REGISTRY LIMITED||sedari.com||-2.49||Compare|
|.CITY||TLD REGISTRY LIMITED||sedari.com||-1.57||Compare|