22 Describe proposed measures for protection of geographic names at the second and other levels in the applied-for gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.NEWS||PRIMER NIVEL S.A.||mi.com.co||View|
Geographic String protection
We will comply to the reservation as indicated Specification 5, Section 5 in the agreement but will also allow the assignment of all the Reserved domain names and other geographic strings to the authorized government or local authority under a plan called: Geographic Protection Program.
The Program will run concurrent to the Sunrise phase.
Applicable strings (Strings that may be delegated in the second level through the program):
- All the reserved names as required by ICANN under the Section 5 of the Specification 5.
- Every Subdivision name listed as in the ISO 3166-2 standard for every country in the 3166-1.
- The generally known capital city of every country in the 3166-1 list. (Advice will be requested to the GAC for the appropriate list to be used)
If the strings include letters like “á”, “é”, “í”, “ó”, “ú”, “ü” “ñ”, these may be replaced for corresponding letters like “a”, “e”, “i”, “o”, “u”, or “n”, or the conventionally accepted characters.
If two requests are received for the same domain, the Registry will reserve that domain and at the cost of the Registry will create a landing page that redirects to sites as instructed by the contending applicants in a fair manner. Registration fees will be assumed by applicants and will be divided among the contending applicants. The Registry reserves full rights to modify the landing page and exclude the presence of any applicant´s presence if the applicant were to cease payment or any other reason as determined by the Registry.
If a request under the Geographic Protection Program were to match a Sunrise request, the Geographic request will prevail and the Sunrise request will not be entertained. Every valid request on the Geographic Protection Program phase will be temporarily reserved by the Registry until the outcome of the registration is defined.
- This program will have no costs for governments. Only registration and renewal standard fees apply to registrants.
- Requests must be done directly with the Registry.
- Registrant must choose a Domain Registrar to register and maintain the domain name. Failure to renew the domain is at the absolute responsibility of the Registrant. (With the exception of contended applications)
- Proxy Registrations may not be used in the Program. Registrations may change their records to Proxy records after the extension is released to General Availability.
- Only Local Governments may apply for the program. GAC advice will be requested for the validation of the Registrant.
- The Registry may reject, delete, revoke, suspend, cancel or transfer a domain according to the rules of the Registry-Registrar Agreement that will stand between the Registry and all the Accredited Registrars for any domain registration to be submitted and maintained.
- Every domain included in the program but not requested by the candidate registrant, may be released for public registration with the exception of the domains that must be reserved according to the Registry Agreement with ICANN.
- Registry may also register any of the names that are subject to the program to be used at Registry discretion, provided that Registry Operator may reserve names from registration pursuant to Section 2.6 of the Registry Agreement. The reservation of the domain names will be inline with section B of Specification 9 of the Registry Agreement.
Similar gTLD applications: (2)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.BLOG||PRIMER NIVEL S.A.||mi.com.co||-2.95||Compare|
|.LEGAL||PRIMER NIVEL S.A.||mi.com.co||-2.77||Compare|