18(c) What operating rules will you adopt to eliminate or minimize social costs?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.ntt||NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION||ml.hco.ntt.co.jp||View|
18.10. OUR PREMISE
* We intend to utilize .ntt effectively for the promotion and expansion of our internet marketing (especially for the purpose of our corporate branding), and for improving the vital use of the new gTLD as well as our existing NTT TLD brands.
* NTT will be the primary user of the proposed .ntt, and we will mainly control the use of the second level domain (SLD) by our registration policies and through a process of qualification, restricting the use within NTT Subsidiaries, and of evaluation, reviewing the purposes of the domain name (policies and process are explained in the answer for #23 (Registry Services). Therefore, as an assumption, we expect no multiple domain name applications for the same name space.
* Example of the SLD:NTTSubsidiaryname.ntt, r&dprojectname.ntt
* As we have the liberty of selecting a Registrar for .ntt at our discretion, from the existing ICANN Accredited Registrars, we plan to identify and appoint a Registrar of our choice, and outsource our entire Registry operations for the proposed .ntt Registry services (explained in the answer for #23 Registry Services).
* NTT will offer initial domain name registration for a period of 1 to 10 years, complying with the Registry Agreement. We do not intend to charge for the .ntt registration. However, should we decide to charge for the registrations, we will notify the Registrar in advance complying with the Registry Agreement.
* Our measures to protect the privacy and confidential information of the .ntt users are explained in the answers for #30 Security (a) and (b).
* As per the cost benefits of .ntt, we anticipate the most impact on branding. NTT will take full and direct advantages of .ntt advancing brand value⁄image and gaining brand recognition, while NTT plans to offer the SLD space to the NTT Subsidiaries at no charge, and that we believe will contribute to the .ntt domain name users to potentially integrate some of the existing independent TLDs or use them more objectively.
* Introduction and expansion of .ntt will promote customer (both corporate and consumer) trust and choice, in terms of internet search (engines) and access. Branded gTLDs, by nature, will allow registrant to create a short domain name (i.e. .ntt) that consumer can easily remember, and also will provide internet users the exclusive and authenticated (trusted) easy access to desired information, by keyword domain names under our own brand. .nttʹs specific purposes and benefits are described in #18.7 (OUR PURPOSES AND OBJECTIVES OF .ntt).
* As described in #18.9 (OUR EFFORTS ON .ntt EXPANSION), we believe our proposed public relations activities and communications outreach are efficient and effective measures to achieve our projected benefits.
* As mentioned in #18.3 (GENERAL BACKGROUND), NTT has approximately 860 NTT Group companies (756 NTT Subsidiaries and 102 affiliated companies), and based on that potential number we estimate that the .ntt SLD registrations would increase up to a maximum of about 1000.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|