20(b) Explain the applicant's relationship to the community identified in 20(a)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.政务||China Organizational Name Administration Center||conac.cn||View|
20.2 CONAC’s Relationship to the Community
20.2.1 Relations to Any Community Organizations
Authorized by the China State Commission Office for Public Sector Reform (SCOPSR) and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), CONAC officially represents the Chinese government organization community to carry out the operation of “.政务.cn” registry. The SCOPSR is the authority responsible for managing the names, functions and structures of the Chinese government organization community members. The MIIT is the governing authority over the information technology industry. MIIT representatives serve as the official Chinese government delegates to the Government Advisory Committee (GAC) in ICANN. CONAC acts as an advisor to the Chinese GAC representative particularly in relation to concerns relevant to government organizations.
20.2.2 Relations to the Community and Its Constituent Parts⁄ Groups
CONAC has a very close relationship with the Chinese government organization community. As the applicant for the “.政务” TLD, CONAC has obtained endorsements from 12influential community members, including the National People’s Congress, the Supreme People’s Court, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Education, China Research Association for Public Sector Reform, and Chinese Public Administration Society. In addition, CONAC also has endorsements from 30 overseas Chinese groups from 17 major cities with large Chinese communities including those in the US, UK, France, Germany, Australia and Japan.
20.2.3 Accountability Mechanisms of CONAC to the Community
CONAC has developed the following set of accountability mechanisms for the “Chinese government organization” community:
1. To publish Annual Reports on domain name registrations of the community;
2. To maintain community interaction procedures, and develop registration policies based on the analysis of the community opinions and suggestions and maximize benefits to the community. CONAC will open online communication WebPages, establish hotlines, allow for public to comment and supervise registry services. Public notice will be given to the members of the community of any proposed changes, and feedback will be sought before finalizing any policy changes, thus providing ample opportunity for community involvement.
3. To provide thick WHOIS inquiry services to the public while lawfully protecting private and⁄or confidential information of community members.
4. To provide equal and just treatment to all members of the community in terms of domain name registration, use and dispute resolution.
5. To adopt effective approaches to eliminate “.政务” domain name abuses.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|