18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.公益||China Organizational Name Administration Center||conac.cn||View|
18.2 Benefit to Registrants, Internet Users and Others
18.2.1 Goals of “.公益” TLD in Terms of Areas of Specialty, Service Level and Reputation
The “.公益” TLD seeks to provide a dedicated Chinese TLD for global public interest organizations that provide services in Chinese. With promotion of the influence and attraction of “.公益” TLD, it is expected to achieve a penetration rate of over 40% among 1.26 million Chinese public interest organizations by the end of the year 2015. This will increase transparency and reliability of public interest organizations. Meanwhile, CONAC will encourage overseas public interest organizations that provide services in Chinese language to register “.公益” domain names and gradually increase the registration volume. The increasing registration volume of “.公益” domain names will offer them a favorable environment to provide even more efficient online services to Chinese language users.
The “.公益” TLD will offer an authentic and authoritative TLD for public interest organizations. The safety and stability of the “.公益” TLD will be ensured through the support of a skillful technical team, and to provide registry services that meet ICANN’s requirements. “.公益” domain name abuses will be minimized by the adoption of effective policies and technical measures.
CONAC hopes to develop the TLD the most authoritative Chinese gTLD with the fewest disputes, and to eventually make it one of the most widely used Chinese gTLDs for global public interest organizations that provide services in Chinese language.
18.2.2 The Competition, Differentiation and Innovation Added to the Current Space
“.公益” TLD will enrich the IDN name space, increase consumer choices and facilitate domain name market competition in an orderly way. The distinct Chinese domain accurately identifies public interest organizations in cyberspace, which matches Chinese Internet users’ language preference and facilitates their interactions with public interest organizations and extensive involvement in public interest activities.
To ensure the authority and reliability of websites of public interest organizations;
To ensure stable, secure and reliable DNS services;
To ensure fast and accurate response to WHOIS queries;
To ensure the Naming Conventions meet user’s preference;
To provide personalized and responsive customer services, to ensure a high degree of user’s satisfaction.
18.2.4 Registration Policies in Support of the Goals Listed Above
CONAC had developed “Implementing Rules for ‘公益’ Domain Name Registration” for the use of “.公益.cn” domain names beginning on Feb.1, 2009. In anticipation of the application for “.公益” TLD, CONAC have updated and modified these documents to comply with the requirements found in the gTLD Applicant Guide Book published in January, 2012 and supplementary notes posted on ICANN’s website. Key points are as follows.
“.公益” domain names are available to global public interest organizations that provide services in Chinese language. In China, the eligible organizations are non-profit organizations including institutions, social groups and foundations. When applying for a domain name under “.公益” TLD, the applicant shall submit proof of official certification (such as Organization Code Certificate, Certificate of legal person, etc.) issued by relevant authorities and fill in “application form for ‘.公益’ domain name”. CONAC requires all registrars to strictly review the authenticity, effectiveness, accuracy and integrity of the information and certificate submitted by applicants. CONAC will also impose an additional level of review after the registrar examination.
22.214.171.124 Name Selection
1. All applied-for domain names shall contain at least one Chinese character, but digital numbers (0~9) and hyphen (-) are also allowed to use combined with Chinese characters. Each level is separated by “.” or Chinese full stop “。”.
2. The applied-for domain name can be the full name, the official abbreviation, the habitual abbreviation or other names of an organization, when using the full name or the official abbreviation of an organization, the domain name shall be consistent to the name approved by relevant authorities; when using the habitual abbreviation of an organization, the domain name shall be consistent to the name that is widely used. For oversea applications that may cause confusing similarities of domain names, the domain name shall contain Chinese names of relevant countries (or regions), or names of international organizations which they are subordinate to.
When using other names, the domain name shall be consistent to the functions and business scope of the organization that are approved by its governing authority.
3. Proposed domain names that engage in the following contents and⁄or activities will be denied for registration:
1) Those that are against the basic principles prescribed in China’s Constitution;
2) Those that jeopardize national security, reveal national secrets, overturn national administrative authority and undermine state integrity;
3) Those that harm national honor and interests, infringe public interests;
4) Those that instigate ethnic hatred, ethnic discrimination; those that undermine national unity;
5) Those that breach the national religion policies, promote cults and superstition;
6) Those that spread rumors，disturb social order or undermine social stability;
7) Those that spread obscenity, pornography, gambling, violence, homicide, terror or instigate crimes;
8) Those that are insulting and libelous infringe and violate citizens’ legitimate rights and interests;
9) Other contents that are prohibited by laws, administrative regulations of China;
10) Those that violate ethics and public orders that are recognized by general principles of international law.
126.96.36.199 Restriction on Registration⁄ Use
1. When applying for a domain name that contains a restricted or reserved name, or a trademark, the applicant shall guarantee that the domain name does not infringe on the legal rights of any third party.
2. When applying for a domain name containing the following characters of “中国”(China), “中华”(China), “国家”(Nation),“全国”(Nationwide) or “中央” (Central), the applicant shall submit necessary approval documents.
When applying for a domain name that contains full name, official⁄habitual abbreviation of administrative divisions at any level, the applicant shall submit the approval document of relevant authority.
3. The following names will be restricted and protected, and only the appropriate public interest organizations can register the names.
1) Chinese geographic names of provinces, cities and counties of China;
2) Other geographic names reserved in accordance with CONAC registration policies;
3) Other important names related to the state interests and public interests of China.
188.8.131.52 Restrictions on Use of Domain Names
The domain name holder is not allowed to use the “.公益” domain name beyond a scope that matches its role and objectives; the domain name holder is not allowed to use the “.公益” domain name for commercial purposes or in violation of registration policies.
184.108.40.206 Reservation and Protection of Names
The following names will be reserved and not be used
1) All names formed with the labels listed in the Specification 5 of the Registry Agreement.
2) Abbreviations of country⁄region names listed in ISO 3166-1 (Chinese and English) as update from time to time;
3) Other names that are requested for reservation by International treaties or relevant organizations.
220.127.116.11 Enforcement, Appeal Mechanism to Registrants
1) All“.公益” domain name holders shall carry out functions and activities by using domain names that meet name selection criteria.
2) No “.公益” domain name shall be transferred without the permission of CONAC.
3) CONAC develops strict “.公益” domain name registration policies, and supervisory mechanisms for use of domain names. CONAC sets up and perfects technical systems for the security of networks and information, taking measures to ensure the secure operation of registrants’ domain names with the global Internet community.
4) With the service quality supervision and complaint system, CONAC collects complaints from telephone calls, emails, and makes prompt replies and guarantees service quality.
5) Any of the following behaviors may result in a warning, requiring corrections within a time limit, or even suspension or deletion of the domain name by CONAC:
(1) Register names with fake information;
(2) Lease, lend or unauthorized transfer of domain name;
(3) Fail to comply with regulations in regard to annual review, change or deletion of domain names;
(4) Other delinquent registration and use of domain names.
6) Any of the following behaviors shall be investigated for legal liabilities:
(1) Steal or infringe on“.公益” domain name to seek for illegal gains;
(2) Steal or infringe on“.公益” domain name to spread false information and disturb the social order;
(3) Steal or infringe on“.公益” domain name to undertake fraud.
(4) Malicious destruction of a “.公益” domain name, thus lead to resolution failures or fault resolutions.
7) Any CONAC staff that abuses his power, neglects his duty, engages in malpractice for personal gain shall be investigated for legal liabilities.
2. Appeal Mechanism to Registrants
1) If disputes arise from the processes like registration, use, change of domain names, CONAC will abide by policies related to right protection mechanism, such as the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP), the Uniform Rapid Suspension system (URS), the Trademark Post-Delegation Dispute Resolution Procedure (PDDRP), and will implement the final decision made by relevant dispute resolution service providers.
2) During a dispute resolution process, all registered information and DNS services to the domain name remain unchanged; when the dispute is resolved, CONAC will execute the decision accordingly.
18.2.5 Measures for Protecting the Privacy and Confidential Information of Registrants and Users
CONAC will abide by laws and regulations regarding national security, business secrets and individual privacy, and will develop policies to protect private and confidential information of registrants and users.
In line with ICANN’s registry agreement requirements, the main contents of the CONAC policy include but are not limited to:
CONAC strict Pre-registration Qualification Procedures (PQP) and Continuous Compliance Mechanism (CCM) (See Section 28.5.1 for details), according to which the registrars require registrants to show their Organization Code Certificate, Certificate of legal entity and provide information regarding the functions, objectives and business scopes of the applicant organization when registering, changing and deleting a “.公益” domain name. The additional information will not be displayed in WHOIS. CONAC enforces strict administrative and technical measures to protect private and confidential information, and guarantees that the registrant information will not be disclosed or used illegally.
CONAC follows strict internal specifications and requires the registrar to take reasonable measures to prevent private and⁄or confidential information of registrants from unauthorized disclosure, loss, abusive use, tampering or destruction.
CONAC will require that registrars seek approval from registrants before gathering and using the personal data and legal entity data in the registration information.
CONAC will only use or give authorization to use the personal data and legal entity data in line with the previous policy in a way that is compatible with its policies and any notice provided to the registrars.
Additionally, CONAC will implement practical policies to encourage “.公益” domain name holders to effectively safeguard personal data of their website visitors (including ID number, telephone number, bank account, permanent address, etc.), and to extensively mitigate the risks of unauthorized disclosure and use of privacy information.
To ensure the confidentiality of data hold, CONAC has established security management regulations, created a dedicated position in information security and strengthened its internal control mechanisms. In accordance with ICANN regulations, CONAC will not disclose any private and⁄or confidential information to a third party unless get approved by the registrant. CONAC will protect private and⁄or confidential information from wrongful appropriation by deploying security measures on the registry system, especially the core database.
CONAC currently implements a “Thick WHOIS”, and abides by ICANN’s WHOIS policies. CONAC has developed processes to ensure legitimate access to the WHOIS database and to prevent data mining of registrant details and confidential information.
CONAC deploys technical measures to prevent illegal use of registrant information. For example, CONAC adopts verification codes to prevent automated bulk WHOIS queries.
18.2.6 Outreach and Communication to Achieve the Benefits
CONAC constantly communicates with the global Internet community, registries and other professional organizations to illustrate the significance of adding “.公益” Chinese TLD to the root zone.
CONAC raises public awareness of “.公益” TLD through various of media: press, radio⁄TV and the Internet to introduce the mission, registration policies, registration scope and application process of the TLD. In addition, CONAC has already held a series of communication campaigns in China to expand the influence and attraction of “.公益” TLD, and highlighting the benefits of the “.公益” TLD.
Similar gTLD applications: (1)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.政务||China Organizational Name Administration Center||conac.cn||∞||Compare|