18(c) What operating rules will you adopt to eliminate or minimize social costs?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.corsica||Collectivité Territoriale de Corse||gmail.com||View|
For the majority of domain name applications the principle of ‘first come, first served’ will be observed. Hence, the strict chronological order in which applications are registered will be used to determine how names are attributed.
Should a dispute arise over the purchase and use of a domain name the ICANN approved Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) will be followed.
Accordingly, most types of trademark-based domain-name disputes must be resolved by agreement, court action, or arbitration before a registrar will cancel, suspend, or transfer a domain name. Disputes alleged to arise from abusive registrations of domain names (e.g. cybersquatting) may be addressed by expedited administrative proceedings that the holder of trademark rights initiates by filing a complaint with an approved dispute-resolution service provider.
To invoke the policy, a trademark owner will either (a) have to file a complaint in a court of proper jurisdiction against the domain-name holder (or where appropriate an in-rem action concerning the domain name) or (b) in cases of abusive registration submit a complaint to an approved dispute-resolution service provider (see below for a list and links).
ii. Cost benefits for registrants (e.g., advantageous pricing, introductory discounts, bulk registration discounts).
The .corsica Registry will function as a not-for-profit enterprise and its principal aim will be to ensure the registration of domain names in a ‘low-cost’, effective, and fair manner in the interests of the community of Internet users that identify with this TLD.
A number of actions will be undertaken to encourage rapid adoption of the .corsica TLD. The pricing structure will be relatively simple with a fixed and reasonably low wholesale price for domain names, after the general launch.
Promotional campaigns and promotional offers:
During pre-pre launch ‘Pioneer’ phase and the subsequent Sunrise, Landrush and General Availability phases a comprehensive communications campaign will include promotional offers targeted at specific audiences:
- The student population at the University of Corsica. All students enrolled at the university will be offered the possibility of creating a website in connection with their studies, using the domain name of their choice, under the .corsica TLD. The registration fees for the domain name will be waived for the duration of the studies and for one year after graduation. In addition, all students will be offered an email address under the .corsica TLD.
- The representatives of the 360 villages across Corsica. The Regional Government of Corsica plans to offer Corsica’s 360 local mayors a registration fee waiver for the name of their commune or village under the .corsica TLD. This waiver may be extended indefinitely subject to certain guidelines regarding the use of such domain names in the interests of the local populations concerned.
- Small business owners. Likewise, specific promotional campaigns and competitions will be organised targeted at certain professions e.g. wine producers, cheese producers, local artisans, hotel managers.
The details of all discount schemes and promotional campaigns will be developed in the months prior to the launch of the TLD, with local government and private actors.
iii. Note that the Registry Agreement requires that registrars be offered the option to obtain initial domain name registrations for periods of one to ten years at the discretion of the registrar, but no greater than ten years. Additionally, the Registry Agreement requires advance written notice of price increases. Do you intend to make contractual commitments to registrants regarding the magnitude of price escalation? If so, please describe your plans.
The applicant team for the .corsica TLD has read the New gTLD Registry Agreement. Accredited Registrars commercializing the .corsica TLD will, in accordance with this Agreement, have the option of obtaining initial domain name registrations for periods of up to ten years.
In addition, as required by the Registry Agreement, the .corsica Registry will provide all affiliated Registrars will advance written notice of price increases - even though there are no anticipated price escalations. The expected trend, over time, will be for domain name prices to come down.
The .corsica Registry is prepared to make a firm contractual commitment to registrants regarding price escalation. The wholesale launch price for the .corsica TLD, at 22 euros, has been determined in order to ensure that the TLD is:
- Sufficiently attractive (low cost) compared with other, more generic, TLDs, and
- Sufficiently high cost to dissuade abusive registrations and favour the optimal allocation of domain names.
Over time, as registration volumes increase, it is anticipated that prices will gradually decrease.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|