18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
18.1 Mission and Purpose of .MOTORCYCLES
DERMotorcycles, LLC (“DERMotorcycles”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dominion Enterprises (“Dominion”), has filed this application for a .MOTORCYCLES gTLD with the intention of bringing to market a trusted, hierarchical, and intuitive namespace for consumers that will contain listings of motorcycles and other powersports vehicles for sale, as well as a repository of goods and services related to powersports vehicles.
18.1.1 Dominion Enterprises
Dominion is a leading marketing services company serving the wide-ranging needs of many industries including real estate, apartments, specialty vehicles, employment, automotive, and travel, with over 3,000 employees located in 145 offices in 33 states and four countries. Its websites receive more than 17 million average monthly visitors and 279 million average monthly page views. For more information, see http:⁄⁄www.dominionenterprises.com⁄main⁄do⁄Fact_Sheet. Below is a representative listing of the motorcycle and powersports-related businesses that Dominion Enterprises currently owns and operates:
- Cycle Trader® (http:⁄⁄www.cycletrader.com⁄): Cycle Trader is the leading powersports marketplace connecting buyers and sellers to new and used motorcycles, ATVs, PWCs, and snowmobiles. With more than 175,000 vehicles available, Cycle Trader offers the widest selection of powersports vehicles online. With more than 6 million unique visitors per year, Cycle Trader reaches more active powersports buyers and enthusiasts than any other source.
- Powersports Network® (http:⁄⁄www.powersportsnetwork.com⁄): Top OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and dealers trust Powersports Network for web, e-commerce, and mobile solutions. 4 million unique visitors per year use the Powersports Network to search thousands of classified ads for new and used motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft, and snowmobiles. The website is also a consumer resource for reviews, vehicle comparisons, accessories, financing, and insurance.
- Traffic Log Pro™: Traffic Log Pro’s web-based CRM (customer relationship management) and Dealership Call Center platforms help dealers in the U.S., U.K., and Canada drive sales productivity, improve closing ratios, and create customers for life. Traffic Log Pro provides 24⁄7 customer support and training to help dealers utilize the system to sell more units and become better retailers.
- Ziios™: The industry’s leading cloud DMS (Dealership Management System), Ziios provides innovative Active Dealer Management Technology to dealers to manage sales, service, and parts, as well as seamless accounting integration for their dealership no matter where or when they need it.
For a comprehensive listing of Dominion’s full powersports service offers (both consumer- and business-oriented) please refer to the following web pages on the Dominion website:
18.1.2 Potential Business Models
DERMotorcycles is still analyzing potential use case options regarding the type of domain names that will be permitted for registration and by whom. In undertaking this research, DERMotorcycles is leveraging Dominion’s experience in bringing critical business services to its customers in a safe and trusted online environment.
The business model for the .MOTORCYCLES gTLD is currently broken into two stages, one has been confirmed and the second is under evaluation and will be implemented after DERMotorcycles has evaluated the first stage. The two stages are as follows:
1. Allocated Strings and Client Strings
At the current stage of analysis, the business model for .MOTORCYCLES is one in which generic strings (ʺused,ʺ ʺbuy,ʺ ʺchopper,ʺ ʺparts,ʺ etc.) and geographic (city⁄state) domain names would initially be reserved and⁄or allocated to one or more Dominion online motorcycle properties. These domain names would provide a model for a hierarchical and intuitive framework and naming system for consumers to more easily navigate the .MOTORCYCLES namespace. This initial allocation would also provide Dominion’s and its affiliates’ IT and security personnel the time to run a number of tests to ensure seamless and secure access using the .MOTORCYCLES gTLD domain names, and interoperability with various software and Web-based applications.
Following initial allocation, Dominion’s existing clients across the different powersports, motorcycle, and automotive property groups would be initially permitted to register domain names. This initial rollout guarantees that the identity and contact information of each .MOTORCYCLES domain name registrant will be known based upon a pre-existing business relationship. This allocation mechanism also minimizes DERMotorcycles’ startup and operational costs.
2. Registration by Non-Clients
DERMotorcycles is currently evaluating a validation process to allow non-Dominion clients and other domain name registrants to register domain names in the .MOTORCYCLES gTLD. However, the exact timing of this proposed expanded universe of potential .MOTORCYCLES registrants has not been determined, and will not be finalized until appropriate verification mechanisms can be put in place.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|