18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.Gucci||Guccio Gucci S.p.a.||it.gucci.com||View|
How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, internet users and others?
We hope that a new gTLD for .GUCCI will provide a clear and direct pointer to Gucci online and Gucci digital Flagship Store content, giving internet users the peace of mind that they are being directed to a trustworthy and genuine Gucci destination.
What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of speciality, service levels or reputation?
We would like .GUCCI domain names to become directly and immediately identifiable with the Gucci brand itself, to be an extension of the brand so that internet users know what they can expect under a .GUCCI domain: the same quality and excellence that they associate with the brand.
What do you anticipate your proposed gTLD will add to the current space in terms of competition, differentiation or innovation?
A .GUCCI gTLD would ideally allow us to stand out from our competitors. The mission of this company is to be leader and pioneer in anything we do, not only in our core businesses in the luxury and fashion sector.
GUCCI has a reputation for outstanding quality, and we also have a passion and commitment to the highest levels of customer satisfaction. In staying true to the core values of the brand, the mission of the company is the pursuit of excellence, both in terms of product offering as well as customer experience, through all the different touch points with the customer. Registrants of .GUCCI domains will be treated in the same way and to the same standards as we conduct all of our business.
Provide a complete description of the applicant’s intended registration policies in support of the goals above
The Gucci Domain Name Management team is responsible for the development, maintenance and enforcement of the .GUCCI Domain Management Policy (GDMP). This policy defines the rules associated with eligibility and domain name allocation, sets out the license terms governing the use of a .GUCCI domain name and describes the dispute resolution policies for the .GUCCI TLD. This policy is intended to be updated and revised regularly to reflect Gucci’s commercial and strategic interests and, where appropriate, ICANN consensus policies. The policy is summarised below. It is subject to change:
Registration of a .GUCCI domain name is undertaken in four steps: Eligibility Confirmation, Naming Convention Check, Acceptable Use Review, and finally Registration.
An eligibility check will be undertaken.
All domains in the .GUCCI registry will remain the property of Guccio Gucci SpA.
Checks will be undertaken to ensure that applied for character strings conform to the .GUCCI Naming Conventions. Each applied for A-Label character string must conform to the .GUCCI rules of eligibility. Each .GUCCI name must:
• be at least 3 characters and no more than 63 characters long
• not contain a hyphen on the 3rd and 4th position (except for IDNs)
• contain only letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens or a combination of these
• start and end with an alphanumeric character, not a hyphen
• not match any character strings reserved by ICANN
• not match any protected country names or territory names
Internationalized domain names (IDN) may be supported in the .GUCCI registry under certain circumstances.
• Domains must be used solely for purposes that enhance the strategic or commercial interests of Guccio Gucci SpA.
• .GUCCI domains may not be used in a way which knowingly infringes third party intellectual property rights.
• .GUCCI domains must not be used for any criminal purposes, including, but not limited to phishing, malware download or fraudulent activities.
• A .GUCCI registration must be an acceptable term that will not give rise to any moral or public order questions or in any way damage the strategic interests or reputation of Guccio Gucci SpA.
• Domains may not be delegated or assigned to external organizations, institutions, or individuals without the permission of Guccio Gucci SpA.
• All .GUCCI domains will carry accurate and up to date registration records.
Before launching this TLD, Gucci will develop and publish its policies and guidelines, setting out full details of how the registry will implement its vision and purpose as set out in this answer. Gucci may adapt its policies and proposed use of the gTLD, in a manner consistent with the purpose expressed here, to reflect changes in its business and the adoption of new gTLDs by the community.
Will your proposed gTLD impose any measures for protecting the privacy of confidential information of registrants or users?
Our e-commerce site under gucci.com deals with a significant number of visitors and amount of data, and sales, and this involves the handling of a large number of customer details, including their confidential financial details. We therefore understand the importance of data protection, privacy, and security and have the experience to allow us to build robust processes for ensuring the confidentiality of Registrants’ information in the .GUCCI registry. Gucci recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal and financial information. We have instituted reasonable policies and security measures to protect the information provided to us.
Gucci maintains customer data in our secured electronic Worldwide Gucci Customer and uses appropriate security measures to protect the information collected.
New methods we develop for ensuring data security through our e-commerce site will be replicated in the .GUCCI registry. Some of the measures we intend to implement are:
• Documenting policies and procedures including an escalation process
• Using appropriate levels of encryption and physical security
• Training key staff and ensuring responsibilities are understood and documented in rules of conduct
• Limiting access to records only to those employees or service providers who need access for the performance of their job duties
• Testing procedures
• Monitoring best practice and ICANN’s mandated and recommended policies
• Auditing the work of providers including the Escrow provider and checking data
• Reporting any attempts to gain unauthorised access to appropriate enforcement authorities
As the .GUCCI registry will be incorporated in Italy all data will be processed in conformity with EU Data Protection regulations.
Describe whether and in what ways outreach and communications will help to achieve your projected benefits?
Outreach and communication will be undertaken to ensure that .GUCCI domains are used in accordance with Gucci’s objectives. For example, guidelines will be produced and published on the Gucci intranet named “GUCCI 360” defining who can apply for a .GUCCI domain and how it can be used.
It is anticipated that the Gucci Brand Guidelines will be updated to reflect the advent of new gTLDs.
To assist internet users beyond Gucci to understand that .GUCCI domains are genuine and can be trusted as signposts to authentic information or services, Gucci intends to:
• Create a home page for the registry with clear messaging
• Participate in the ICANN Registry Operators Constituency
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|