18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.samsung||SAMSUNG SDS CO., LTD||yesnic.com||View|
It is expected that by utilizing characters related to goods or service of SAMSUNG SDS, SAMSUNG Group and SAMSUNG affiliates, it will increase customersʹ convenience leading to enhancement of brand value and improvement of company image.
It is also predicted that abusive registrations and other activities that have a negative impact on Internet users will be minimized, making a significant contribution in protecting intellectual properties as the registration eligibility of the new gTLD is only given to SAMSUNG SDS, SAMSUNG Group and SAMSUNG affiliates.
The new gTLD proposed by SAMSUNG SDS established the following registration policy to meet these expectations and predictions.
New gTLD Domain Name Registration Policy
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose is to regulate matters relating to the management for the New gTLD domain names of SAMSUNG SDS Co., LTD(hereinafter referred to as ʺSAMSUNGʺ).
Article 2 (Registrant Qualifications)
New gTLD domain names Registrant is limited to employees of SAMSUNG or head office, subsidiary offices and partners without any country restrictions
Article 3 (Registration Period)
1 to 10 years
Article 4 (Registration Fee)
1. The applicant or the registrant of a domain name shall pay domain name registration fee determined by the Registrar.
2. The Registrar shall pay the maintenance fee for the registration or renewal of domain names to SAMSUNG.
Article 5 (Registration Requirements)
1. The alphabet [A to Z] or [a to z], Hangul Syllables(11,172 characters of complete Hangul), numbers [0 to 9] and hyphen are available for use for domain names.
2. The domain name shall contain a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum of 63 characters. If the domain name contains Hangul Syllables, it shall contain a minimum of 1 characters and a maximum of 17 characters.
3. The domain name cannot begin nor end with a hyphen and third character and fourth character cannot have consecutive usage of hyphen.
Article 6 (Responsibility of the Registrant)
1. Registrants shall ensure that all information in the registration records of a domain name is up-to-date, complete and accurate.
2. Of the registrant information, at least one of registrant name or registrant email must be information related to SAMSUNG SDS, SAMSUNG Group or SAMSUNG Affiliates.
3. Upon registration of a domain name, it is the registrantʹs responsibility to take any necessary steps to avoid infringement of othersʹ rights, and violation of the law.
Article 7 (Domain Name Registration)
1. New gTLD domain names registration is available through accredited registrars from ICANN.
2. Domain name registration application is submitted by the Registrant through the registrar and the registrar must submit the following matters to SAMSUNG.
- Domain name
- Name server information
- Domain registration period
- Other issues decided by registry and registrar
3. SAMSUNG must register domain name to the database in order data specified in Article 2 arrives to SAMSUNG. However, if it is expected that multiple applications will be submitted at the same time or a new domain will be introduced, a separate method may be used for registration for the domain name dispute prevention and publicʹs interest.
4. SAMSUNG may not register New GTLD domain name that is composed of character strings contained in Article 10 for a stable operation of domain name and the interest of public.
Article 8 (Modification of Registration Record)
1. Registrants may modify the registration record of their domain names through Registrar.
2. Upon receiving a registrantʹs request to modify the registration record, SAMSUNG shall update the registrantʹs information in the database.
Article 9 (Termination of Registration⁄Deletion of Domain Names)
1. When 30 days have passed from the date that the registration record has been confirmed as being incomplete and incorrect;
2. When 30 days have passed from the date that the registrant has requested the deletion of the domain name;
3. When the fees have not been paid for up to 45 days after the expiration date;
4. When 30 days have passed from the date that the registrant was confirmed as having failed to meet the requirements as described in Article 2 or 4.
Article 10 (Reserved names)
SAMSUNG limits the New gTLD domain name registration composed of the following characters at the least. The list may be updated when ICANN or GAC requires addition of limited character strings or issued character string of Korea of the times.
1. The two-character string.
2. Reserved names specified by ICANN.
3. The abbreviations (in English) of all country and territory names contained on the ISO 3166-1 list.
4. The United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names, Technical Reference Manual for the Standardization of Geographical Names, Part III Names of Countries of the World.
5. The list of United Nations member states in all 6 official United Nations languages.
6. Characters undermining public moral and public interest of Republic of Korea.
Article 11 (Reserved Names Release)
If the limited character strings fall under the following items, limit clearance can be suggested to ICANN or release reserved names on the basis of Standard Korean Language Dictionary provided by the National Institute of the Korean Language:
1. limited string character related to trademarks recognized worldwide.
2. limited string character related to products recognized worldwide.
3. limited string character related to brands recognized worldwide.
4. limited string character related to improvement of public interest of Republic of Korea.
5. other cases in which an individual or company has right to limited string characters.
Article 12 (Dispute Resolution)
1. Resolution policy follows Post-Delegation Dispute Resolution Procedure (PDDRP) and Registry Restrictions Dispute Resolution Procedure (RRDRP) adopted by ICANN, and the resolution procedure is processed in SAMSUNGʹs Dispute Resolution Center (secretariat).
2. Upon the committeeʹs request to lock the registration record of a domain name, SAMSUNG or Registrar shall lock the registration record of the domain name.
3. SAMSUNG or Registrar shall take appropriate actions in the following circumstances:
A. a determination under PDDRP or RRDRP has been finalized;
B. a court order has entered into effect.
Similar gTLD applications: (2)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.삼성||SAMSUNG SDS CO., LTD||yesnic.com||�||Compare|