18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.wilmar||Wilmar International Limited||wilmar.com.sg||View|
With the benefits being able to organize and control the Registry Operation of the .WILMAR gTLD, following ICANN’s award and delegation of the .WILMAR gTLD to the Applicant, the followings would be achievable by the Applicant:
• eliminate contentious applications of any domain names
• prevent unwanted activity by domainers (for profit traders of domain names) and cybersquatters (who use domain names to unfairly capitalize on brands they do not own)
• to build, establish and own an exclusive and recognizable .WILMAR identity on the Internet
• eliminate confusions of the Applicant’s identity
• eliminate unauthorized sales and channel non-compliance
• reduce phishing threats as phishers will be unable to acquire domains for the purpose of hosting spoofed company websites
• protection against DNS cache poisoning, or pharming attacks which re-direct Internet traffic to unintended locations
• to e-connect all the Applicant’s associates, customers etc.
• to build, establish and own an exclusive name space for all the Applicant’s brands, products and services worldwide
• to build and establish and own an exclusive webspace for the Applicant’s marketing and brands promotions purposes on the internet.
.WILMAR will bring a definite recognition and specialisation in the Internet, and the substantial benefits it could bring to the Applicant to achieve the followings:
• the identity of the Applicant as the Registry Operator;
• the source of the content and services offered under the .WILMAR gTLD;
• the affiliation between the Registry Operator and the gTLD; and
• in term, and at the discretion of the Applicant, the affiliation between the Registry Operator and any third party and⁄or third parties that is⁄are authorized by the Applicant to register and⁄or licensed to use one or more domain name registrations in the .WILMAR gTLD.
As mentioned under the vision and mission statement, the key reasons the Applicant is applying for .WILMAR include, but are not limited to:
• secure and protect the WILMAR brand as a generic top-level domain (the Applicant has applied and registered WILMAR as a trademark in many jurisdictions).
• protect and prevent third party from securing the Applicant’s renowned and reputable global brand WILMAR as a generic top-level domain
2. To reflect the Applicant’s key brand WILMAR at the top-level of the DNS’ hierarchy;
3. Safety and security; and
4. To mitigate counterfeiting and piracy.
The Applicant intends to implement the following policies and procedures in respect of the registration of such domain names under .WILMAR top-level domain:
(A) reservation(s) and registration(s) of domain name(s) in the name of the Applicant. It is likely that this could be the scenario the Applicant will put in place during the initial months and⁄or during its tenure of the operation of the .WILMAR gTLD. These names may include, but are not limited to:
a. descriptive names, referring to the actual day-to-day business activities of the Applicant or its affiliates;
b. descriptive names, referring to the internal departments of the Applicant;
c. descriptive names, referring to the subsidiary companies and associated companies of the Applicant;
d. IDN names for second-level domain;
e. geographical names, in the second-level domain; or
f. potentially such names which may be related to such Legitimate users⁄ authorized users (to be determined by the Applicant) of the Applicant, following ICANN’s award and delegation of the .WILMAR gTLD to the Applicant.
(B) launch of a gTLD: if and when implemented by the Registry Operator, which will be in phases whereby Legitimate Parties who meet the Applicant’s certain criteria, may register .WILMAR gTLD domain names. These processes may include the followings:
a. Sunrise: allow physical persons, organizations and entities that meet the eligibility requirements determined by the Applicant at that point in time to choose and, where allowed by the Applicant, to register the domain names that are identical to their trademarks;
b. Land rush and general availability: other available domain names may be registered by physical persons, organizations and entities that meet the eligibility requirements in force at that point in time to choose the domain names in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions.
Depending on the terms and conditions in force at the time of launch of the gTLD, domain names may or may not be registered in the name of the authorized registrant or in the name of the Registry Operator of the gTLD i.e. the Applicant. The Applicant shall reserve the right to impose such additional and other restrictions or vary any provisions of the terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion;
As the Applicant has extensive business operations across the globe, it will therefore be subject to various national privacy and data protection rules and practices. In particular, given the fact that many data protection authorities have issued strict guidelines, the Applicant will at all times be obliged to carefully consider and, where applicable, implement these policies prior to and during the operation of the .WILMAR gTLD.
Currently, the Applicant has not yet developed tangible plans to migrate its online activities from its wilmar-international.com and such other active domain names used by the Applicant’s subsidiary companies and associated companies. However, the Applicant has tentative plans to communicate to its customers, visitors and subsidiary companies and associated companies, its plan to develop, in gradual processes, the new online environment under .WILMAR gTLD, including but not limited to:
a. marketing and informational campaigns to assist users during the transition and to allow brand constituents to quickly learn how to navigate to their desired location
b. brochures and advertisements in newspapers, magazines, etc.;
c. Internet advertising campaigns, etc.;
d. re-direct internet traffic and⁄or link to the wilmar-international.com or such other domain names to the .WILMAR gTLD, to gradually build awareness amongst the Internet users
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|