18(c) What operating rules will you adopt to eliminate or minimize social costs?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
i. The Applicant will organize the registry operation for the .NOW in such a manner that it will minimize the likelihood of having multiple applications for a particular domain name and⁄or have transparent ways installed to solve contention when multiple applications for a particular domain name occur. This can be achieved in one of the following ways:
1. Given the fact that, at least prior to the launch of the .NOW top-level domain, the Applicant ⁄ Registry Operator will reserve, delegate and use a large number of domain names that are directly or indirectly relevant to Applicant’s business in its own name. Since quite a number of these domain names will be of a descriptive nature, the chances for qualifying ⁄ eligible applicants ⁄ registrants to register such domain names after the launch will be limited;
2. The Registry Operator may release available domain names post launch in a highly controlled manner, which also reduces the likelihood that two or more applicants qualify for the registration of the same domain name in the .NOW top-level domain;
3. The Registry Operator may give existing customers of the One.com Group a right of first offer or first refusal for the registration of certain types of domain names and⁄or during one or more specific launch phases. The duration and⁄or nature of the customer relationship may be used as a criteria to solve contention when multiple applications for a particular domain name occur;
4. The Registry Operator may organize an auction after a particular sunrise period or launch phase, using parameters such as offered price for a domain name registration and guaranteed duration of a domain name registration;
5. As a method of last resort, and subject to the actual domain name registration policy adopted by the Registry Operator and in force at the time of registration, domain names will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
ii. Given the Applicant’s activity as an innovative web hosting provider at low cost, the Applicant intends to make the .NOW top-level domain available to qualifying domain name registrants at a limited cost or at no cost as part of a web hosting or other service package. As the Applicant will be less dependent on the service offerings of existing registries, the pricing of the Applicant’s services will depend less on the pricing of the service offerings from those registries. The per domain name price to be paid by the Applicant for a web hosting service, inclusive of a domain name, is likely to be lower. This may result in a better price offering to Internet users for the Applicant’s value added services. The Internet user and the Internet community would benefit from the Applicant being able to reduce costs, as this may results in better pricing and⁄or more room for investing in customer service, in innovative Internet solutions, etc. It must be noted that this does not preclude the Applicant ⁄ Registry Operator to charge higher fees for the registration of domain names under the .NOW TLD at its discretion, e.g., as part of premium packages or for certain categories of clients and customers. The fact that some may be willing to pay more for the registration of particular domain names would again be beneficial for other potential domain name registrants in the .NOW TLD.
iii. The Applicant ⁄ Registry Operator may at its discretion make contractual commitments to increase or decrease the fees for the registration of domain names under the .NOW TLD. It is however likely that such contractual commitments and the price of a domain name will be part of a larger service offering than the mere registration of a domain name.
Similar gTLD applications: (4)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|