20(b) Explain the applicant's relationship to the community identified in 20(a)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
Q20b Applicant Relationship to Community
20.b.a. Relationships to community organizations
SportAccord acts as the coordinating body of the representative organizations for the Sport community regarding the .sport Internet TLD in consultation with the stakeholders of the Sport community and their representative organizations.
SportAccord is the umbrella organization for both Olympic and non-Olympic sports as well as organizers of sporting events. One of the main objectives is to unite and support international sports federations (IFs) by encouraging and facilitating knowledge sharing and by providing expertise in relevant areas. SportAccord aims to promote its Members and to increase their visibility by establishing various multi-sports games that group together similar sports and put them on a worldwide stage.
As defined in Article 2 of its Statutes, the Objectives of SportAccord are:
1. to promote sport at all levels, as a means to contribute to the positive development of society;
2. to assist its Members in strengthening their position as world leaders in their respective sports;
3. to develop specific services for its Members, and provide them with assistance, training and support;
4. to increase the level of recognition of SportAccord and its Members by the Olympic Movement stakeholders as well as by other entities involved in sport;
5. to actively support the organisation of multi-disciplinary games by its Members;
6. to be a modern, flexible, transparent and accountable organisation;
7. to organise, at least once a year, a gathering of all of its Members, and of other stakeholders of the sport movement, preferably on the occasion of its General Assembly;
8. to recognise unconditionally the autonomy of its Members and their authority within their respective sports;
9. to promote closer links among its Members, and between its Members and any other sport organisation;
10. to coordinate and protect the common interests of its Members;
11. to collaborate with organisations having as their objective the promotion of sport on a world-wide basis;
12. to collect, collate and circulate information to and among its Members.
20.b.3 Relations to the community and its constituents parts⁄groups
The list of the Members of SportAccord is provided in response to Question 11.
The list of Sports International Sport Federations and other international Sport organizations have formally expressed their official support for to date for SportAccord’s Application for the .sport TLD is shown under Question 20d.
20.b.3. Accountability Mechanisms
As an association under Swiss Law, SportAccord is entirely accountable to its members, the International Sport Federations – each of which has accountability mechanism of its own to national federations, which in turn are accountable to their constituents.
Each member of SportAccord has one vote, as required for Associations under Swiss Law. (SportAccord is an Association under Articles 60-79 of the Swiss Civil Code.) The legal framework ensures furthermore that membership cannot be sold and that the Association cannot be acquired or controlled by anyone, member or otherwise. All key decisions are reserved to the General Assembly, defined as the meeting attended by all the Members of SportAccord. The General Assembly is the supreme and legislative organ of SportAccord. The Statutes of SportAccord stipulate the as follows the Powers of the General Assembly:
The General Assembly adopts or amends the Statutes, regulations and directives of SportAccord.
The General Assembly admits, suspends or expels a Member.
The General Assembly elects the President.
The General Assembly approves the budgets, financial statements and the activity report.
The General Assembly sets the amount of the subscription for Members;
The General Assembly exercises any other competence specifically attributed to it by the
Statutes, regulations and directives of SportAccord.
Additional accountability and consultation mechanism are organized horizontally between International Federations, related associations of international federations, associate members of SportAccord and others Sport Stakeholders. Permanent coordination processes exist through the Yearly SportAccord Convention, IF Forum, working group involving IOC, the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF), the Association of International Olympic Winter Sports Federations (AIOWF), the Association of the IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF) as well as specialized sport-related organizations.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|