18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.boston||The Boston Globe Newspaper Company Inc.||boston.com||View|
The .BOSTON TLD aims to become a new on line identity for the city of Boston, its inhabitants, companies, organizations and institutions, managed and supervised by The Boston Globe.
Given the fact that The Boston Globe (owned by Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.) has always been a major supporter of any activities being organized by or within the city of Boston, and provides up-to-date information to Bostonians and the world under its boston.com Web site, the city of Boston has provided a letter of support to TBG for the .BOSTON initiative. TBG?s Web sites currently receive more than 7 million unique visitors per year, and have been in operation since 1995.
The city of Boston is the capital of and the largest city in the state of Massachusetts, and is one of the oldest cities in the United States. The city of Boston has a population of close to 620,000; however, the substantially larger metropolitan area called Greater Boston is considered to be the tenth-largest metropolitan area in the United States, with a population of around 4,5 million.
The cityʹs economic activity includes research, manufacturing, finance, and biotechnology, mainly fueled by Boston?s highly reputable academic institutions. Undisputedly, it is one of the main innovative regions in the United States, or even the world.
Considering the above, the main components of the value proposition for the .BOSTON project can be summarized as follows:
* The internet extension is secured for the benefit of Boston and Bostonians, and is consistent with the initiatives under way for other prominent cities around the world;
* .BOSTON will assist the City of Boston as a forward-looking and innovative city;
* the initiative is consistent with other initiatives currently being taken in various parts of the world, in particular in the context of city-TLDs;
* Boston is more than ever focusing its image on entrepreneurship, innovation and progress, hereby supported by the many (start-up) businesses and more than a hundred well-known academic institutions throughout the Greater Boston area;
* the .BOSTON gTLD should convey security, safety and sustainability, which is achieved by relying on a solid, proven technical infrastructure and the implementation of effective policies to mitigate risks and abuse in this TLD.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|