18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.موقع||Suhub Electronic Establishment||afilias.info||View|
.SITE (Arabic IDN) intends to develop into the premier TLD for Arabic speakers on the Internet.
i General goals
Suhub Electronic Trading will engage in general marketing and branding, as well as outreach and marketing support to registrars to establish awareness of the .SITE (Arabic IDN) TLD and its intended uses in the minds of the public. The anticipated popularity of this TLD will also be attractive to registrars, incentivizing them to work with Suhub to make the TLD grow rapidly.
ii How .SITE (Arabic IDN) adds to the current space
.SITE (Arabic IDN) facilitates greatly expanded opportunities for domain creation in the Arabic language and innovative use of the Internet. Individuals and entities who have felt limited in their opportunities to obtain a desired TLD in Arabic will have new options available to them. The new domains in full Arabic script will greatly expand user choice and diversity of opportunity.
The TLD will be readily available for Arabic speakers around the world. As noted above, the TLD will make accessing and using the Internet easier for over 65 million Arabic speakers on line today. A distinct user advantage will be the representation of the full domain name in their native language, an option unavailable to them today. For businesses, the ability to directly target their audience in their native language represents a great opportunity for search optimization and expanding markets, which demonstrates another value of this TLD. For non-commercial registrants, they will have an affordable place to register names on any topic.
iii User experience goals
Suhub intends for .SITE (Arabic IDN) to be one of the most recognizable and useful TLDs on the Internet, especially for Arabic speakers. The explosion of new domain possibilities will foster innovation and creativity on the part of registrants, who will then create new and diverse user experiences for users.
iv Registry policies
.SITE (Arabic IDN) will be an open TLD, generally available to all registrants (except in the Sunrise period).
In general, domains will be offered for periods of one to ten years, but no greater than ten years. Initial registrations made in the Sunrise period may have a minimum number of years required. For example, there may be a policy that all Sunrise names must be registered for an initial term of at least five years.
The roll-out of our TLD is anticipated to feature the following phases:
• Reservation of reserved names and premium names, which will be distributed through special mechanisms (detailed below).
• Sunrise — the required period for trademark owners to secure their domains before availability to the general public. This phase will feature applications for domain strings, verification of trademarks via Trademark Clearinghouse and a trademark verification agent, and a Trademark Claims Service.
• General Availability period — real-time registrations, made on a first-come first-served basis. Trademark Claims Service will be in use at least for the first 60 days after General Availability applications open.
The registration of domain names in the .SITE (Arabic IDN) TLD will follow the standard practices, procedures and policies Afilias, the back-end provider of registry services, currently has in place. This includes the following:
• Domain registration policies (for example, grace periods, transfer policies, etc.) are defined in response #27.
• Abuse prevention tools and policies, for example, measures to promote WHOIS accuracy and efforts to reduce phishing and pharming, are discussed in detail in our response #28.
• Rights protection mechanisms and dispute resolution mechanism policies (for example, UDRP, URS) are detailed in #29.
Other detailed policies for this domain include policies for reserved names.
Registry reserved names
We will reserve the following classes of domain names, which will not be made generally available to registrants via the Sunrise or subsequent periods:
• All of the reserved names required in Specification 5 of the new gTLD Registry Agreement;
• The geographic names required in Specification 5 of the new gTLD Registry Agreement, and may be released to the extent that Registry Operator reaches agreement with the government and country-code manager;
• The registry operator’s own name and variations thereof, and registry operations names (such as registry.tld, and www.tld), for internal use;
• Names related to ICANN and Internet standards bodies (iana.tld, ietf.tld, w3c.tld, etc.), and may be released to the extent that Registry Operator reaches agreement with ICANN.
The list of reserved names will be published publicly before the Sunrise period begins, so that registrars and potential registrants will know which names have been set aside.
v. Privacy and confidential information protection
As per the New gTLD Registry Agreement, we will make domain contact data (and other fields) freely and publicly available via a Web-based WHOIS server. This default set of fields includes the mandatory publication of registrant data. Our Registry-Registrar Agreement will require that registrants consent to this publication.
We shall notify each of our registrars regarding the purposes for which data about any identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”) submitted to the Registry Operator by such registrar is collected and used, and the intended recipients (or categories of recipients) of such Personal Data (the data in question is essentially the registrant and contact data required to be published in the WHOIS). We will require each registrar to obtain the consent of each registrant in the TLD for the collection and use of such Personal Data. The policies will be posted publicly on our TLD web site. As the registry operator, we shall not use or authorize the use of Personal Data in any way that is incompatible with the notice provided to registrars.
Our privacy and data use policies are as follows:
• As registry operator, we do not plan on selling bulk WHOIS data. We will not sell contact data in any way. We will not allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations.
• We may use registration data in the aggregate for marketing purposes.
• DNS query data will never be sold in a way that is personally identifiable.
• We may from time to time use the demographic data collected for statistical analysis, provided that this analysis will not disclose individual Personal Data and provided that such use is compatible with the notice provided to registrars regarding the purpose and procedures for such use.
As the registry operator we shall take significant steps to protect Personal Data collected from registrars from loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction. In our responses to Question 30 (“Security Policy”) and Question 38 (“Escrow”) we detail the security policies and procedures we will use to protect the registry system and the data contained therein from unauthorized access and loss.
Please see our response to Question 26 (“WHOIS”) regarding “searchable WHOIS” and rate-limiting. That section contains details about how we will limit the mining of WHOIS data by spammers and other parties who abuse access to the WHOIS.
In order to acquire and maintain accreditation for our TLD, we will require registrars to adhere to certain information technology policies designed to help protect registrant data. These will include standards for access to the registry system and password management protocols. Our response to Question 30, “Security Policy” provides details of implementation.
We will allow the use of proxy and privacy services, which can protect the personal data of registrants from spammers and other parties that mine zone files and WHOIS data. We are aware that there are parties who may use privacy services to protect their free speech rights, or to avoid religious or political persecution.
Similar gTLD applications: (68)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.VOTO||Monolith Registry LLC||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.VOTE||Monolith Registry LLC||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.手机||Beijing RITT-Net Technology Development Co., Ltd||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.WEB||Schlund Technologies GmbH||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.TICKETS||Tickets TLD LLC||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.SHAW||Shaw Cablesystems G.P.||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.hair||Your Hair Limited||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.HOME||.HOME REGISTRY INC.||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.APP||.APP REGISTRY INC.||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.AVIANCA||Aerovias del Continente Americano S.A. Avianca||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.BLOG||Afilias Domains No. 1 Limited||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.nra||NRA Holdings Company, INC.||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.LTDA||DOMAIN ROBOT SERVICOS DE HOSPEDAGEM NA INTERNET LTDA||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.POKER||Afilias Domains No. 5 Limited||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.KOSHER||Kosher Marketing Assets LLC||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.statebank||STATE BANK OF INDIA||sbi.co.in||∞||Compare|
|.sbi||STATE BANK OF INDIA||sbi.co.in||∞||Compare|
|.WEB||Afilias Domains No. 3 Limited,||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.bharti||Bharti Enterprises (Holding) Private Limited||bharti.in||∞||Compare|
|.hdfc||HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FINANCE CORPORATION LIMITED||hdfc.com||∞||Compare|
|.MAIL||Afilias Domains No. 2 Limited,||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.hdfcbank||HDFC Bank Limited||hdfcbank.com||∞||Compare|
|.dabur||Dabur India Limited||dabur.com||∞||Compare|
|.airtel||Bharti Airtel Limited||bharti.in||∞||Compare|
|.DESI||Afilias Domains No. 4 Limited,||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.delmonte||Del Monte International GmbH||freshdelmonte.com||∞||Compare|
|.ISMAILI||Fondation Aga Khan (Aga Khan Foundation)||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.tata||TATA SONS LIMITED||tata.com||∞||Compare|
|.shriram||Shriram Capital Ltd.||shriram.com||∞||Compare|
|.ART||.ART REGISTRY INC.||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.AGAKHAN||Fondation Aga Khan (Aga Khan Foundation)||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.AKDN||Fondation Aga Khan (Aga Khan Foundation)||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.vegas||Dot Vegas, Inc.||mackayventures.com||∞||Compare|
|.IMAMAT||Fondation Aga Khan (Aga Khan Foundation)||afilias.info||∞||Compare|
|.TVS||T V SUNDRAM IYENGAR & SONS LIMITED||tvs.in||∞||Compare|