18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.SCHWARZ||Schwarz Domains und Services GmbH & Co. KG||sbg.de||View|
The Applicant, Schwarz Domains und Services GmbH & Co. KG, is a member of the Schwarz Group of companies, one of the largest retail groups in Europe. The Schwarz Group deploys activities under – amongst others – the KAUFLAND and LIDL brands. The companies in the Schwarz Group serve customers in more than 20 countries where they operate, generating a turnover of more than EUR 60 billion in 2011. They directly or indirectly employ 310.000 employees.
According to the Applicant, the mission and purpose of the .schwarz gTLD are manifold, as will be further explained below:
1) first and foremost: securing and protecting one of the Schwarz Group’s key brands (“schwarz”) as a gTLD;
2) reflecting one of the Schwarz Group’s most important trading brands, Schwarz, at the top level of the DNS’ hierarchy;
3) providing stakeholders of the Schwarz Group with a recognizable and trusted identifier on the Internet. Such stakeholders include:
a) subsidiaries in various countries;
b) about 10.000 stores;
d) affiliate partners;
f) prospective and current customers and
g) employees and directors of the Schwarz Group
4) providing stakeholders with a secure and safe Internet environment, under the control of the Applicant, in which they are able to obtain information from and communicate with the Applicant and where they are able to obtain genuine information provided by members of the Schwarz Group.
5) providing a central point of access that is useful and secure where prospective and current customers of the Schwarz Group (in particular prospective and current customers of its retail stores) might utilize services, such as finding information, engage in e-commerce, etc.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|