18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.ROCHER||Ferrero Trading Lux S.A.||valideus.com||View|
Rocher, known as Ferrero Rocher in the market place, is a renowned boxed chocolate of the Ferrero Group, a leading manufacturer of chocolate and other confectionery products including Nutella, the Kinder range of products and Tic Tac mints.
A private companies’ group founded by the confectioner Pietro Ferrero in 1946 in Alba, Piedmont, Italy, it is still owned by the Ferrero family We operate with more than seventy affiliated companies (including thirty-eight business units, eighteen production plants and three social enterprises) in more than one hundred countries worldwide. The Group employs 21,736 people worldwide and our Net Sales in the financial year ended August 2010 were in excess of 6.6 billion Euro, representing an increase of 4.3% over the previous year, with an EBT of 893 million Euro.
Ferrero strongly believes and invests in research and development and innovation and we have recently been focusing on energy-efficient installations in Italy, Germany, Poland and Belgium. We are also contributing to the development of some of the poorest areas in the world through our Social Enterprises.
We pride ourselves on prioritising high quality, crafted precision, product freshness, careful selection of the finest raw materials, respect and consideration for our customers who are always at the centre of our strategy. We care about hygiene, the environment, social issues and the local communities in which we have a presence. Above all, we are ‘glocal’ – we think globally and act locally.
Ferrero Rocher was introduced in 1982 and it is today the No. 1 boxed chocolate brand in the World, sold in more than one hundred countries. It is well-known for its individual gold packaging and for its iconic advertising campaigns. It is the main pillar within the Ferrero range of boxed chocolates that include Mon Chéri, Pocket Coffee, Confetteria Raffaello, Ferrero Collection and Ferrero Rondnoir
We are very proud of Ferrero Rocher, which is one of our most powerful and most recognized brands. The .Rocher registry will be a standard, not a community-based, registry with the following purpose:
• To protect the intellectual property that Ferrero has on Rocher and to ensure that the integrity of our brand is enhanced at the highest possible level in the domain name system. We have a portfolio of registered intellectual property rights around the world and securing the term, .Rocher will enable us to harmonise our current brand protection policies
• To provide a platform for the delivery of secure digital material for consumers, key stakeholders, business partners and employees, a platform that potentially will host all our digital communication initiatives both from a corporate and a brand perspective across all the Ferrero Business Units
• To ensure Ferrero remains at the forefront of innovation by keeping pace with internet technology developments;
• To provide a platform able to ensure a strong global and consistent presence for the Ferrero Rocher brand in the digital world across all the Ferrero Business Units;
• To provide a platform for the delivery of secure digital material for consumers in primis, business partners and employees
The success of the .Rocher registry will be determined by enhancing the equity of the Ferrero⁄Rocher brand and the security and stability it brings to our communications.
Similar gTLD applications: (2)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.KINDER||Ferrero Trading Lux S.A.||valideus.com||-1.28||Compare|
|.FERRERO||Ferrero Trading Lux S.A.||valideus.com||-0.76||Compare|