20(c) Provide a description of the community-based purpose of the applied-for gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.hamburg||Hamburg Top-Level-Domain GmbH||dothamburg.de||View|
* REGISTRANTS *
Eligible and intended registrants of .HAMBURG domain names are
any natural person, legal person, organization or association of persons, if they can demonstrate an economic, cultural, historical, social or any other connection to the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg or the metropolitan area of Hamburg, verifiable by
- their residence or second home, office or place of business, a branch or permanent establishment in the metropolitan area of Hamburg, or
- a contact listed in the Whois database with a domicile in the metropolitan area of Hamburg, or
- other appropriate proof e.g. the certification by an employer to enroll at a school or college, or birth certificate.
* END-USERS *
Intended users of .HAMBURG second-level domain names are members of the .HAMBURG Community and Internet users worldwide.
* ACTIVITIES *
Hamburg Top-Level-Domain GmbH in its sole discretion has carried out plenty of activities to define and serve the purpose of the .HAMBURG namespace. This included numerous multi-stakeholder meetings and presentations on the .HAMBURG top-level domain creation, documents and conceptual materials presented to the Senate of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
Hamburg Top-Level-Domain GmbH and the City of Hamburg together have defined a set of activities that are intended to serve the purpose of the .HAMBURG namespace. These include
- Measures to facilitate an intuitive search and access approach for Hamburg-associated content and service for citizens, tourists, investors, organizations and administration by a reasonable namespace management
- Reservation and delegation of generic category domain names for special purposes such as directory services or for the support of the city’s homepage
- Safeguards to avoid and mitigate domain grabbing, cyber-squatting, speculation and other unlawful activities
- Policies against domain name abuse and an Eligibility Requirements Dispute Resolution Policy (ERDRP)
* LASTING PURPOSE *
Hamburg Top-Level-Domain GmbH and its shareholders have entered into an exclusive 10-year agreement with the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg on the application and operation of the .HAMBURG top-level domain which may be extended for further periods.
Hamburg, the .HAMBURG top-level domain and its purposes are of a long-lasting nature since digital marketing and distribution and individual digital addresses (domain names) have become an integral component of general business and individual and personal practices and thereby also for the .HAMBURG Community as a whole. It is foreseeable and anticipated that digital instruments and tools such as .HAMBURG domain names will play an ever increasing role for any societies interaction within the next decade and beyond. The .HAMBURG top-level domain will thereby serve the Hamburg Community and its members in a lasting nature and will fulfill its purpose of providing verified, meaningful and easily recognizable domains.
Similar gTLD applications: (1)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|
|.berlin||dotBERLIN GmbH & Co. KG||dotberlin.de||-0.99||Compare|