18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.insurance||Progressive Casualty Insurance Company||cscinfo.com||View|
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies and affiliates (ʺProgressiveʺ) has established a market leadership position in the insurance industry as one of the nationʹs largest auto insurance groups, and the largest writer of private passenger auto insurance through independent agents in the country. Since its beginning, Progressive has worked to continually deliver innovative and distinct product, experience and service offerings for consumers, building on the vision to make insurance accessible and easy so more consumers could protect their vehicles. For example:
• Progressive was the first to introduce the Safe Driver Plan, which reduced rates for low-risk drivers and set an industry policy standard.
• Progressive was the first major auto insurance group in the world to launch a website.
• Progressive changed the insurance shopping experience by pioneering offering competitor comparison rates online.
• Progressive was the first to sell auto insurance online.
• Progressive introduced 24⁄7 customer and claims service to the industry–today’s industry standard.
• Progressive implemented the ability for customers to pay their premiums in installments—an appealing option for those who couldnʹt afford annual payments.
• Progressive was the first auto insurer to offer the Name Your Price® option, which lets drivers start a quote, then adjust their price to find a car insurance package that’s right for them.
• Progressiveʹs usage-based insurance program creates a personalized car insurance discount based on each customer’s actual driving habits.
Progressive’s award-winning websites are vital to its business, leveraging technology to create innovative and effective consumer experiences. It holds patents for its usage-based insurance program; a patent for its methods of processing vehicle damage claims; and two patents for computer technology related to its online policy servicing capabilities.
Progressive is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb. More than 27,000 Progressive people work in more than 600 offices throughout the United States, and they enjoy a unique work environment that encourages them to risk, learn, grow and perform.
Progressive offers many types of property and casualty insurance. Progressiveʹs insurance products include private passenger automobile, motorcycle, boat and personal watercraft, recreation vehicle, personal umbrella, and commercial vehicle insurance. Progressive has marketing arrangements with homeowner insurance underwriters that make their products available as part of the Progressive Home Advantage Program. Progressive enters new product lines from time to time. Progressive makes the products it offers available both online and through insurance agents and brokers.
To further enhance its reputation, leadership position, and business opportunities, Progressive seeks the proposed .insurance gTLD and intends to operate it as a restricted, exclusively controlled gTLD. Progressive plans to use the gTLD primarily to market, sell, and⁄or service insurance and related products and services of (i) Progressive, (ii) entities that participate in strategic marketing arrangements with Progressive, and (iii) entities that offer products and services other than those described in (i) and (ii) and with which Progressive establishes, in its sole discretion, marketing or other business relationships. Without limiting the foregoing, insurance products and services may include all types of personal and commercial lines property and casualty products, life insurance products, and health insurance products. Given that the acceptance by consumers of, and conventions, practices, and procedures related to, new gTLDs are not known with certainty, Progressive plans to use the gTLD not only to improve Progressiveʹs core businesses but to creatively react to and pursue revenue producing business relationships.
Depending upon the conventions, practices, and procedures that arise with respect to gTLDs, this domain will give Progressive the ability to do the following:
• create a hub of relevant content and provider information for insurance consumers across product categories (e.g., home, auto, life, health, commercial, etc.);
• simplify Internet user navigation to insurance content, enabling consumers to efficiently find the information they require;
• provide a platform for Progressive and insurance providers with whom Progressive has or develops marketing arrangements to market to and acquire new customers;
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for Progressive customers (current and prospective), claimants, employees (current and prospective), investors, media, business partners and other stakeholders;
• coalesce Progressive’s different domain names (e.g., progressive.com, progressivedirect.com, progressivecommercial.com, etc.) and give the public a primary Web destination (progressive.insurance) to get information about and interact with Progressive regardless of relationship or geographic location;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about Progressive products and services, and make sure that information is consistent and up-to-date;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting customer privacy and confidential information online;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Progressive has a business relationship;
• give consumers information about how they can buy the products of Progressive and the insurance providers with whom Progressive has or develops marketing arrangements, whether online, through insurance agents and⁄or brokers, or through other channels;
• enable Progressive marketing campaign activation; and
• protect and strengthen the Progressive collection of brands and trademarks.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|