18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||Detail|
|.airtel||Bharti Airtel Limited||bharti.in||View|
About Bharti Airtel:
Bharti Airtel limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa. The company offers mobile voice & data services, fixed line, high speed broadband, IPTV, DTH, turnkey telecom solutions for enterprises and national & international long distance services to carriers. Bharti Airtel has been ranked among the six best performing technology companies in the world by Business Week. Bharti Airtel has 200 million customers across its operations.
Mission of .airtel
Currently, the web sites of Airtel are registered under several existing TLDs like “.com” (Airtel.com), “.in” (Airtel.in, Airtelhellotunes.in) and other geographical domains (Africa, Sri Lanka, etc).
Mission of .Airtel is to be the entry point for all things Airtel – across geographies, products and services. It is to build brand recall and trust and build a seamless, consistent web experience.
Numerous and often non-synergized conventions⁄ cybersquatting in the existing TLDs may mislead our customers to various phishing⁄malicious web sites, leading to possible online fraud. Airtel wants to have an exclusive ownership of a TLD, as it intends to have complete control on the second-level domain names to have consistent presence worldwide for the Brand Airtel and provide a certain comfort level to customers, thereby consolidating and simplifying its online identity.
Purpose of .airtel
Airtel values the Internet as a strong medium to reach out to its customers. Airtel believes that owning a TLD (.airtel) will lead to the following benefits:
• Increased global brand visibility
• Quicker and easier recall
• Consistent web guidelines and design across geographies, products and services
• Search Engine Marketing⁄Optimization cost reductions
• Increase in the value of the Company by owning a strong brand identity
• Brand and domain name protection
• Deeper customer engagement and increased long-term brand loyalty
• Easy navigation for customers
• Enhanced security thereby increasing the customer’s confidence for online transactions
• Intuitive Internet navigation (product.airtel, service.airtel, campaign.airtel)
• Effective tool to avoid cybersquatting⁄ phishing
• Reputation Management
• Greater level of control over Internet presence with regards to costs, intellectual property and technical control
• Ease of communication with internal and external customers
• Rationalise our online presence (including our portfolio of domains and trademarks) by using .airtel as the gateway to our online properties
• Own- brand online community building
• Complete control over second level registration and use
• New business models⁄opportunities
• Social Media Optimization
• Stronger marketing tool for creation of online campaigns
• Minimal reduction of dependence on search engines in future
Airtel’s Indian web site (Airtel.in) attracts more than 14 million visits in a month, making it one of the most visited web sites in India. Airtel wishes to integrate similar visit volumes across international web sites to create a mammoth entry web site for Airtel globally.
Airtel India spends Rs. 85 crore ($ 17 million) on online marketing, production and campaigns. At a global level, Airtel wishes to optimize this cost through the new gLTD. Airtel will popularize the new gLTD through its overall corporate marketing budget (online and offline, wherever applicable and relevant) of Rs. 850 crore ($ 170 million).
18 a, ii)
Airtel will be using .airtel exclusively for its internal divisions, products, services, campaigns, partners and customers.
It is being estimated that in the first year after .airtel is allotted to Airtel, around 3,000 second-level domains will be registered, in the second year, 4,000 domains will be live and in the third year 5,000 domains will be live.
In the first-year, priority will be provided to the existing domains of Airtel across countries, products and services. Combination of transactions and information web sites will be brought under the new gTLD of Airtel. In the subsequent years, partners and customers will be provided with second level domains under the .airtel gLTD.
Similar gTLD applications: (0)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||E-mail suffix||z||Detail|